Age Groups - What Age group will your child be in?
Each Age group has its own coloured flag that are used for Nippers and Carnivals.
AGE GROUP AGE/BIRTHDAY
Under 6 1st October 2015 to 30th September 2016
Under 7 1st October 2014 to 30th September 2015
Under 8 1st October 2013 to 30th September 2014
Under 9 1st October 2012 to 30th September 2013
Under 10 1st October 2011 to 30th September 2012
Under 11 1st October 2010 to 30th September 2011
Under 12 1st October 2009 to 30th September 2010
Under 13 1st October 2008 to 30th September 2009
Under 14 1st October 2007 to 30th September 2008
* Under 9 - Under 13 are required to pass a Junior preliminary skills assessment.
A few simple rules to be aware of at Sunday nippers
* Nipper club cap and high visibility rash shirts (Lime green or hot pink) are compulsory. They are to be worn at roll call and during activities and caps are to be removed at the end of nippers after you have been marked off the roll by your age manager.
* Children must stay with their age group at all times, unless coaches take over for a specific activity.
* All nippers must have a parent/guardian on the beach or surrounds. Your child remains your responsibility.
Medication, trips to the toilet and the individual general welfare of each child on Mills beach is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
* No child is to enter the water unless authorised by the age manager.
Activities - U6 & U7
In the U6 & U7 age groups, nippers is about having fun, learning about the Bay and gaining basic water skills like learning to wade through waves.
U6 & U7s do not attend carnivals or participate in championship days as this is a non-competitive age group.
Activities can range from life saving orientated events such beach relays, beach flags, wades, boards, to more game like activities such as dodge ball and obstacle races etc.
The children generally do not go past knee-waist depth but as the season goes on and their confidence develops, we try to encourage them to go out further where they feel comfortable.
All members must have a parent/guardian on the beach/surrounds.
All members of Mornington life saving club are volunteers. We rely heavily on parental help to be able to run our Nippers program - which also means sometimes getting a little wet!
We notice that the children really respond well when their parent is involved. If you wish to be involved in either Water Safety or helping out at Nipper days, please approach your age manager for more information.