Competitions/Registrations & Calendar for Juniors and Seniors
Lifesaving Sport competition plays a major role in the preparation of a lifesaver to meet the physical standards necessary for saving lives in the water. Over the years the competition element of lifesaving has evolved from an aid to the physical preparation of a lifesaver, to its own identity, and plays a major part in the social development of a lifesaver.
Life Saving Victoria wishes all clubs the best of luck for season 2020/21 and look forward to seeing you all on the beach soon, after what was a tough 2019/20 season.
Victorian Lifesaving Championships
Proficiency and Patrol Hour Requirements for the Victorian Lifesaving Championships:
▪ Awards expire 31 December 2020
▪ Skills maintenance needs to be completed prior to close of entries for the carnival ▪ Completed prior to 1st Patrol
Patrol Hour requirements
▪ Minimum of 16 hours of Patrol Service to be eligible for Victorian & Australian
▪ Deadline to achieve this for 2021 Victorian & Australian Championships has been
extended to 28 February 2021
- For this Season Only: Patrol hours for competition requirements for the 2022 Championships will be counted from 1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2021, and therefore will cross over.
Guiding Principles for 2020/21
The safety of members and the community comes first.
We want to focus on the important link between sport and lifesaving operations (patrols); and
the criticality of sport as a way of retaining and maintaining fitness levels of patrolling members.
We encourage Officials and Coaches to keep upskilling and learning in preparation for the
We need the patience and support of our clubs, officials, water safety, competitors, parents, and
partners to make this happen.
We will communicate and provide directions to clubs as early and transparently as we can.
Sport will be different in 2020/21 (Less numbers, carnivals, and events)
Deliver best scenario based on restrictions
Keep it simple - simple is good
Focus on quality and practicality
Need perspective and support from all